Speedway Baptist Daycare and Preschool is a ministry of Speedway Baptist Church. We have been providing quality childcare services to Speedway and the surrounding area for over 25 years. Our goal is to provide a safe, nurturing environment in which children can learn and grow.
- Tenured Teachers- Over 1/2 of our teachers have been with us for 5 years or more.
- Structured Schedule- Children thrive on routine, so we do the same things at the same time everyday.
- Daily Curriculum- We use the ABeka curriculum to start teaching at the age of 18 months and up. ABeka is the #1 rated Christian Preschool Curriculum, encompassing letters, shapes, numbers and colors. More than just workbook pages, the curriculum teaches through stories, crafts, songs and games, benfiting both visual and auditory learners. Letters are taught phonetically, setting children up to be early readers. Older classes also focus on handwriting, scissor skills and listening skills.
- Computer Labs- We have 2 different computer labs, both stocked with educational games. Our Preschool Computer Lab is geared for children ages 3 to 7 and our Media Lab is designed for school-aged youth.
- Classroom Skills- Just as important as learning their ABC's, children are taught the skills needed to successfully function in a classroom. Using age appropriate expectations, children work on taking turns, standing and walking in line, cirlce time, raising their hand, sitting in their seat, following directions, using centers and transitioning activities. Our goal is to teach children both the educational and social skills needed to be sucessful in school and life.
- Play- We have 2 large outdoor playgrounds as well as an indoor play area. Even when the weather is bad outside, children still have the opportunity to run and be active.
- On-site kitchen- Included with the cost of tuition, we serve breakfast, morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack daily. All meals and snacks are designed to be both kid friendly and nutritious.